Friday, December 26, 2008

Holiday craziness

Well, Christmas ended up being good but very hectic. Wednesday was a very crazy stressful day. It seemed like all we did was rush around and to top things all off, Big Country and I were at each others throats. I think the Holiday stress got to both of us and we both acted crazy. Anyway, once we got on the road to my Aunt & Uncles house- things calmed down.

Christmas at my Aunt & Uncle's house was very nice. We got a lot of neat stuff and Mason got the rainforest Jumperoo from his Great Grandma. I made broccoli salad and deviled eggs to take. I was a lil disappointed in how the eggs turned out. They were good, but the shells wanted to stick to the egg whites and I hate it when that happens.

We stayed the night at my parent's house on Christmas Eve night. I was up until 1:15am making a breakfast casserole that turned out fabulous!!!! It's called breakfast in a crockpot.

1 lb bacon or sausage
2 lb pkg of frozen southern style hashbrowns
1 10.5oz can cream of mushroom or cream of chicken soup
1 cup sour cream
1 8 oz pkg cream cheese
1 cup milk
12 eggs
1 tsp minced garlic
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 1/2 to 2 cups of shredded cheese (I used sharp cheddar)

Brown, drain, and crumble sausage or bacon. Combine and blend together soup, milk, sour cream, and cream cheese in a large bown. Then add milk, shreadded cheese, garlic and onion and mix well.
Whisk eggs in a separate bowl then combine with cheese mixture, adding hash browns until thoroughly coated. I reserved some of the shredded cheese and sprinkled on top of the mixture.
Coat large crockpot with an oil spray, add mixture and cook on low for 8-10 hrs.

Omg, it was wonderful. I found the recipe in a cookbook that my Grandma got me a few years ago.

Christmas morning at my Mom & Dad's house was really nice. Christmas Day was a lot less stressful than Christmas Eve was! We opened presents and ate a glorious breakfast. Then we went home, unloaded our loot, and headed to the in-laws house. There were a lot of people there in a very small cramped house but we survived. Then around 8 o'clock last night we headed over to Big Country's sisters house for another wonderful meal.

Big Country got me the perfume I really wanted and a ring. I haven't got my ring yet. Apparently he went to go pick it up before Christmas and it hadn't been sized yet. So I haven't got to see it yet. By the end of the day yesterday I was so exhausted! Mason had a good Christmas! He got tons of toys. I will have to take a pic of him in his jumperoo. He is so cute in it. Mason had two big melt downs yesterday and I think it was b/cuz he was out of his routine, exhausted, and had been passed around quite a bit. He didn't want to sleep in his crib last night. I finally gave up b/cuz I had absolutely no energy and Big Country stayed up trying to get him to sleep. We would get him to sleep and as soon as you'd lay him down in his crib he'd wake up and get pissed. So, it was a battle.

We will be spending the rest of our weekend moving. Lovely. I can't wait until it's over with. I really and truely dislike moving and I'll be glad when it's over.

Have a great weekend and a safe and happy New Year!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Broccoli salad, huh???

Jenn said...

I'm all of a sudden hungry for breakfast! =) Happy New Year!