Monday, December 8, 2008

thinking of you

it's a good thing bosshog is gone today b/cuz i have had lots to blog about today. i have a 15 yr old step daughter that lives in FL. she and big country have had a very strained relationship mostly due to her interfering mother. she came to visit us in June 2006. it was a very stressful time. my sister in law and 3 yr old nephew (at the time) moved back from CA and moved in with us. i was a full time nursing student in an intense program and big country had just started a new job, which took us years to adjust to with his crazy schedule. anyway, in the midst of a 3 yr old, school, and financial stress there were some tense moments. i made the mistake of calling my husbands ex a bitch and my step daughter over heard it. it caused a huge uproar. my step daughter flipped out and has hated me since. i wrote her a letter and tried to apologize and reconcile. i think a lot of it has to do with letting her mom down if she reconciles with me.
anyway, i'm over it. i'm over the devious behavior of my husbands ex and all the bullshit she puts my step daughter up to. it has taken me a long time to accept that i cannot change this situation. i think it's time to move on and i have. maybe someday she will want to have a better relationship with her dad and mason.
my step daughter, ash, is in the hosptial and i am worried about her. i care about her whether she likes me or not. big country says she doesn't hate me, but she has used me as an excuse to not come see her dad for 2 1/2 yrs. i hope that someday things will be different.
nonetheless, she is in my thoughts and prayers. we sent her a dozen pink roses and signed teh card from all three of us (big country, me, & mason). i pray the doctors take good care of her and get her medicine fixed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why is she in the hospital?

Anonymous said...

I hope everything turns out okay. I was a stepdaughter once, and I can tell you that yes, the stepmom gets the brunt of it all. Things will mend with time. Good luck.