Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Tis the season

Well, just like clockwork, today kicked off our annual holiday blow out. Every year, a couple days before Christmas, Big Country and I have a good blow out and today was that fabulous day. It's always about the same thing too: money. It's like this- I am married to a big scrooge. He doesn't like Christmas for the following reason: It's stressful worrying about getting presents and what to buy etc., shopping for this person and that. That is a valid argument. The holiday season can be very stressful.

However.

I do ALL the shopping, decorating, cooking, planning, wrapping etc. All he has to do is show up, eat, open presents and be frickin merry. I think the only reason we have a Christmas tree this year is because of Mason. Last year I couldn't even get him to get up in the attic to get the shit down. Our attic is weird. It's a huge opening in the ceiling of the garage and there is no ladder. So Big Country stands on something kinda tall and can reach up there. I just try to avoid that situation altogether because with my luck I'd fall.

Big Country hates Walmart and he hates crowds and shopping. So, he waits until Dec. 23rd or 24th to go to Walmart to get something and then bitches and turns into a grump b/cuz there are tons of people and lines. I made the mistake one year of waiting on him to decide what he wanted to get his Mom and Step-Dad for Christmas. He kept putting it off and we ended up at the store on Dec. 23rd waiting in line for what seemed like hours. Now I just buy for everyone and don't ask for his input. So now he doesn't understand why we have to "buy for this one and that one". I stay within a very reasonable price range for each person, but we have a lot of people to buy for. What am I supposed to do tell people they didn't make our Christmas list this year? Uggggh- he irritates me.

I'm changing his name to Ebenezer. Bah Humbug.

I, on the other hand, have always loved Christmas and I am trying to keep my spirits up despite Big Country's "scrooge-like" attitude.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It will pass. That's funny "all he has to do is show up, eat, open presents and be frickin merry" lol. Good luck

Jenn said...

Hang in there this will pass girly! I've been there and done that. Tell him if he hates crowds and lines shop at 1am! But I agree with Holly "all he has to do is show up, eat, open preents and be frickin merry" Love it! It made me chuckle because I do feel you there!

Cool Gal said...

So, so true. All they have to do is "show up." Same thing in my house. You have Scrooge. I have the Grinch. It's like they were separated at birth, or something.

Bah-humbug!

If your hubby is anything like mine, by the time X-mas arrives, he's happier than a pig in shit. Stuffing his face and all.

Hang in there.

P.S. Big Country really needs to fix the attic. Haha!